Hello! I have finally found a spare second to update the BLOG. Between Sarah’s awesome wedding weekend, the ordeal of squeezing 5 suitcases worth of clothes/stuff in to 4 suitcases [again], and my trip over to England....it’s been a while since I’ve written. So much to tell!
First update – as of Oct. 4, Sarah Kos is now Sarah SHINABERRY! I was privileged to be a part of this wonderful wedding weekend celebration in Baltimore. From Thursday night’s beer-fuelled sing-along at the pub, to Friday’s elegant rehearsal dinner, to the big day Saturday...it was good times all around. I’m so happy I could be there for Sarah – she looked absolutely stunning and so spilling over with happiness. Cam and Sarah are just made for each other. It was so great to get to spend time with all of my girlfriends before I crossed the pond....I never realize how much I miss all of you. I think I convinced a few of you to join Facebook, and a few o f you to visit us in England..........please do!
Next update....on Oct. 7 I finally, officially, moved to England! I flew out of Dulles, so Mom, Dad and I had a chance to have a nice dinner with Dennis, Marcia, Gerry and Diane before I left. Homemade lasagne is definitely better than the airplane meal. J Mom and Dad dropped me off at the airport for my 11:15 (pm!) flight, and I checked in my 4 overstuffed bags (for a fee of course). I was sufficiently early, so I had the opportunity to watch the Presidential debate....interesting to hear some of the comments from the other (non-American) passengers waiting with me. The flight was uneventful, but I didn’t sleep more than an hour so I arrived at Heathrow looking like a zombie. J I loaded my bags on one of those little carts, which wasn’t quite big enough to hold my massive amount of luggage. It was interesting to try to make it down a steep ramp with that thing! I found the bus station in my jet lag stupor and to my delight; Kent was waiting for me to ride back to Oxford. After three weeks apart, it was SO great to see him.
--Karen


No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment??