30 October, 2008

One more thing about our house....

I forgot something in my "23 Trinity Street" post. We let (aka rented) a typical British furnished house, with furniture and 'white goods' (aka kitchen appliances). The furnishings aren't too bad...at least the wood all matches and the curtains are somewhat stylish. Despite my disapointment with the kitchen in general, the 'white goods' actually are nice. The fridge keeps the milk and beer cold, the freezer keeps a few things frozen, and the toaster toasts without burning (most of the time).
But the reason for this post is our favourite new adopted 'white good', the electric kettle! This baby boils water in under 30 seconds, almost instantly ready for tea or the french press (or even some ramen noodles). I'm also finding this magic appliance in most hotel rooms across Europe with a nice selection of tea. Kent and I are slowly converting to tea, but we still love our coffee. I don't think we'll do without an electric kettle again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment??