22 February, 2009

Weekly Update

Not too much going on this week....taking this lazy Sunday afternoon to update the blog with random thoughts. Kent, of course, has been much more busy and is now more than half way through his second term (of 3).

Friday evening I met Kent over at happy hour at school -- only in Europe do they turn on music and turn the business school in to a bar! Later, we went over to a friend's college (Worcester College) to hang out and play darts. Kent was in heaven. :) We're trying to visit most of the 30+ colleges that make up the Oxford campus. Each is so unique...we're planning to attend a few formal dinners and balls this spring.

Saturday - not much going on for me - except that is was my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! Kent was off all day Saturday hosting a lecture/workshop he organised with a banker from Goldman Sachs to speak to the MBA class as part of a two-part series. He did a great job and had really high attendance and positive feedback.

He's also "in training" with some of his classmates for the MBATs which is a sports competition for European MBA schools, in May in Paris. Kent's playing rugby and basketball. I walked with Kent to the rugby practice earlier today to watch -- and walked in the beautiful park, read a book, and had a coffee. I think I got the better end of that deal! I may help out coaching or just practice with the group that's training for swimming.

So I guess this was more of an update on Kent than me for once! As for me...I may have something going on the job front soon, but I don't want to jinx it. I'll keep you posted!

I don't have any great pics for this week, so here's one of the Parsnip-Leek-Potato soup I made earlier this week. Last week I also made Carrot-Leek and it was pretty good too. (I got a cheapy immersion blender, so I'm on a soup kick!).

I also captured a good pic of the pretty roses Kent brought home this week:


We're taking a break this afternoon to go see the "Benjamin Button" movie. Hope it's good cause it's 3 hours long!

-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment??