22 September, 2011

Garden Progress

I just wanted to post a few pics of all of the hard work Kent has been doing in our jungle of a yard.  I swear, when he's not at work, he's working outside (or seeking out new craft beers....his other hobby).   Now that it's not so hot and the mosquitoes have died down a bit, I can get out and help him.  :)


I'll have to go back and post some pics of what this yard looked like when we moved in....what a jungle!   He's making use of the hundreds of old bricks to make beds....becoming a pretty good bricklayer!

The area next to the deck used to be covered in weeds....this is where both Kent's dad and my Aunt Julie  helped us clear.   Now we have some great perennials and a pretty white hibiscus blooming now!




Here's another brick wall/bed that Kent constructed, along with our new rain barrel.  This used to be weeds and 10 yr old bags of rotted mulch and fertilizer kindly left by the previous homeowner.   Now it's a pretty hydrangea and tea olive, along with sweet potatoe vine, salvia, sedum, purple basil, cuban oregano and lantana.  Whew.

If you look closely you can see a cute little pug planter that Aunt Ruth gave us - pretty good resemblance!


white hibiscus 
our geranium "collection"
pug planter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment??