Last weekend, mom and dad came down for a visit. One, because we won't be seeing them for Thanksgiving (we'll be in Mexico!) and two, because dad ran the Atlanta Marathon.
It was a great weekend just hanging out - complete with a mini-Thanksgiving dinner! I made a 15 pound turkey, so we have plenty of leftovers. We even had a [semi healthy] pumpkin custard. We made use of their big SUV to pick up a few things for the house that are too big for the Mini: a piece of glass to top our new desk and a new leather recliner for the living room. The house is slowly coming together!
Despite my knee issues, I joined Dad for the start of the marathon. The course ran through most neighborhoods of in-town Atlanta, including Grant Park at mile 8. So, I ran 8 miles and just walked home (er...hobbled home). It was a brisk 42 degrees at the 7am start, but we quickly warmed up to a nice, easy pace and took in the sights of Atlanta "one mile at a time" as the race's slogan says. I haven't run more than 3 miles since early August, so by about mile 5 I was hurting. I made it to 8 and now must figure out how I am going to run 18 more (post 7 hour bike ride too!).
Dad finished in a good time and said he felt better than all year, despite Atlanta's hills. It was his marathon #79 - wow!
Fun weekend with mom and dad!! [And these are the only pics we took!]
![]() |
| Dad coming down the home stretch |
![]() |
| At the finish line...I had already been home, showered & brunched after my 8 miles :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment??