I realized I haven't written a blog post in a few WEEKS! Kent hasn't even recapped his parents' visit here to Oxford in Nov (I know he will as soon as exams are over!). Time is really flying by....I don't know where December has gone. Christmas is almost here! Here's a quick rundown of the last few weeks.....
Kent and my "Thanksgiving" in Oxford. I tried to simulate an American Thanksgiving meal on the Sat after the real deal. Two small Cornish game hens in place of the big turkey and I did the best I could with the limited kitchen tools and ingredients. :) It just wasn't the same...I couldn't even find pumpkin to make dessert.
After Thanksgiving, I had one more week of travel/work and Kent had one last week of classes. It's a strange coincidence that my 8 weeks of travel were exactly the same 8 weeks that Kent had his first term of classes. It was meant to be I guess! I finished up my last week closer to home - Dublin (the Guinness is so much better there!), Glasgow (it was cold!) and then London (an east bus ride away). My colleagues and I had a nice celebration drink after the event was over that Friday, and I headed home on the bus to join Kent for his happy hour at the business school. I don't know which one of us was happier to be done!
But.....neither of us were really done. I had some Dell work to wrap up (working from home here in Oxford though) and of course Kent had the intense week of exams. In the meantime, we were very anxiously awaiting the delivery of the pallet of boxes of household goods we shipped from Austin. Remember, back in Sept, one of my first posts! Well, exactly three months from the day we dropped our stuff off in Austin (the day before Hurricane Ike) our stuff arrived in Oxford. If we would have known the hassle and wait, we would have just bought new stuff here!
So, the week of Dec 8, I spent some time unpacking and getting the house organized and Kent had a study week and his first exam on that Friday. It felt like Christmas - with new clothes & shoes and our nice kitchen stuff! It's finally a little easier to cook! The house is feeling much more like home, with our familiar things and of course lots of pictures of friends and family. Kent sent the week studying from very early in the morning until dinnertime.....so he and his friends deserved a beer after their first exam that Friday:
Now Kent's in to his busy week of exams....done on Thurs. I'm still getting the house in order and getting ready for our small Christmas party this Sat.
More soon....
XOXO Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment??