27 November, 2008

Is today Thanksgiving?

Today I am in the Netherlands, near Amsterdam, for another day of work on the road. This morning in the taxi, myself and the other American guy were longing for all of the food we are missing out on today....turkey of course, stuffing, gravy, pies, cranberry sauce. Trying to look on the bright side, we're saving all kinds of calories. :-)

I'm wishing that I'm not on the road on this holiday.....I wish I could spend it with my family! I guess I am with my "work family" but it's just not the same. These Europeans don't really get the idea of Thanksgiving. I miss being with Kent, but we're going to have a little Thanksgiving dinner for just us on Saturday.

So have an extra piece of pumpkin pie for me.....I'm already looking forward to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment??