05 February, 2009

Mr. Snowman & congrats to Kent

Last night Oxford had another heavy dusting of snow...an inch or two more than earlier this week. Good thing Kent and I did our traveling yesterday when the roads/trains were clear. Kent went to Cambridge (the enemy!) on official MBA business to mingle with their students. I went to a town called Newbury for the afternoon for a job interview. We both made it there and back with no traffic problems.

I spent most of today searching/applying for more jobs online, but I did take a break to build a mini-snowman in our back garden. Isn't he cute?

Another piece of news that I forgot to report on the blog: during the first week of classes of this term, Kent and his team won a venture capital case competition. I don't know exactly how it works, but the basic idea is each team analyzes the same case and makes a presentation to the judges with their recommendation. Kent's team ended up the best of the ~20 teams at Oxford! Now they move on to represent Oxford at the next round vs. other European MBA programmes held at London Business School this month. If you want to read more here's the VCIC 2009 web site. Last weekend, Kent also organized a lecture on Saturday with an executive from Goldman Sachs (the topic was some kind of high finance mumbo jumbo) and it was a huge success. I have to pass these things along to all of you as I'm the official blog-writer. Kent's so busy doing all sorts of extra activities like this in addition to his classes and group meetings...but he's doing great!
More soon....
Karen

1 comment:

Have a comment??