We could skip the checkin and security queues (aka lines) because we were in business class - and we would have missed our flight if we hadn't. Also because they were trying to fill every seat, they ended up bumping us up to first class! I've never had so much legroom. :-) We enjoyed a nice meal and movie, but I made the mistake of ordering fish. After a 2 hour nap, I woke up feeling really nauseous and with a terrible headache. I suffered a few more hours and just as we were landing (i.e. you must be in your seat) I threw up! So strange....I started feeling better immediately after that. Definitely food poisoning.
Anyway, we got to Chicago and picked up our massive amount of luggage and went through Customs. We saw that the earlier flight to Austin was delayed and walked right up to the counter (no waiting because of the business class!) and made it on to the earlier flight -- 3 hours earlier than our scheduled flight!
Kent's parents picked us up and we headed back to Lago Vista. Winston was waiting to greet us -- we were wondering if he was going to remember us and he DID! He definitely knows our voices and remembers his tricks. We missed that little guy!
So...enjoying the holidays here in sunny Texas. Enjoyed a great day - went running in shorts and a T-shirt (no hat, gloves, jacket)!! More soon....
Here are a few pics of our little tree back in London:
Welcome home! Hope we get to see you guys!!!
ReplyDelete