15 May, 2010

Birthday week - Part 2

This is a continuation of my last post about birthday celebrations I had to break it in to two parts cause I wanted to post more pictures! The Saturday after my birthday, Kent planned an awesome 'English Garden Party' in our garden...aka Hyde Park. Our friends dressed in their best garden party outfits (as the English would for watching a horse race or rowing). Don't ask me why one guy wore a 'fro wig??

We drank Pimm's and had tea sandwiches (with the crust cut off, naturally). We tried to bust a piƱata....the English must make them super reinforced because it would not break even after being hit solidly with a cricket bat about 10 times! The party continued back at our flat with cocktail and cupcakes. I'm quite proud of the cupcakes I made, so I included a picture (White cake with White Chocolate Vanilla Bean & Chocolate Sour Cream cake with Nutella frosting).

It was really great to see tons of our London/Oxford friends in one place....and I had a fantastic birthday! Now.....back on track with healthy eating and double workouts....it was a long week of celebrations but you only turn 30 once!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment??