As many of you know, one of Kent's favorite things about England is the pub. And well, you only turn 32 once, and Kent wanted to celebrate by touring some of the finest pubs of the Notting Hill/Holland Park area. He did his research on
Fancyapint.com (side note: I think he should write for them) and mapped out the tour, ending at the fancy 'gastropub' where I had invited about 25 friends to meet for dinner.
We also invited everyone to the afternoon crawl, but for some reason even though his birthday fell on a Friday, people had to WORK in the afternoon. What's up with that? ;-) So, it was just Kent and I for the first pub, and friends started joining along the way. We had a great time at dinner, evenryone enjoyed their pints and Kent's birthday cookie!!
PUB #1: The Uxbridge Arms
PUB #2: The Ladbroke Arms (check out those flowers!)
PUB #3: The Castle
PUB #4: The Clarendon. A nice gastrobpub with great food! Unfortunately it was too dark to take a pub outside, so here's one of us instead.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment??