Back in mid-June we had the pleasure of hosting my Aunt Julie for a few days during her Tour de England. I could not believe that Julie, being the Shakespeare scholar that she is, had never been to London or Stratford-upon-Avon! She planned an amazing trip to see the sights and meet up with friends and colleagues in London, Oxford, Brighton, Stratford.
Almost upon her landing at Heathrow, Julie joined Kent and I for a weekend in Oxford. We were going to visit some friends who were graduating, and we got to show Julie a small bit of 'our old home'. But, she has connections everywhere and got to see more of the Bodleian Library than we ever did!
Julie also saw more plays than I thought one person could see in 2 weeks, including treating Kent and I to a performance of Macbeth at The Globe. It was....interesting...but realyl cool to watch a play in the outdoor theatre. Before the play, we shared a nice meal at one of the only upscale Polish restaurants outside of Poland, BALTIC (one of Potocki Vodka's best clients!).
She's also inspired us to visit Hampton Court Palace sometime soon - amazing home of the Tudors. Julie has so many photos and stories form her trip - and we're so glad we could be a part of it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment??