22 March, 2010

Cone family celebrations!

OK, catching up from my weekend in Raleigh (first weekend of March) and then I promise to stay more up to date on the blog. It's been a busy couple of weeks since then! So, after Kent and I spent a wonderful weekend in Texas for the wedding, he had to fly home, while I stayed in Texas and worked through the week. I stayed with my friend Courtney, but spent most of my time driving all over the [HUGE] state of TX. Austin-Dallas on Monday, Dallas-Houston AND Houston-Austin on Tuesday. Phew. Work went well though, and I even got to briefly catch up with a lot of friends when I hosted a Potocki Vodka tasting at The Austin Wine Merchant.
Thursday it was on to Raleigh. After a flight cancellation from Austin to DFW (what?!) I finally made it to RDU at midnight - greeted by Matt, Jen and baby Wilgus! Jen took the day off work on Friday so we got to go swimming and get a few things ready for the parties. The rest of the family arrived to their house later that day.....a full house for sure. Saturday we prepped for the 60th birthday party for Mom and everything went really well. It was great to see so many family members and family friends in one place! And I think Mom had a great time. :-) Here are a few of the hundreds of pics from Saturday:

Sunday we were back in action for party#2 - Jen's baby shower! Mom, Matt's Mom, and I (with much help from Jenny and some of Jen's Raleigh friends) hosted a brunch-time shower at a wine bar/shop not far from Jen's house (well, Jen actually found the venue for us). It turned out to be a perfect place for the shower - the space was just right, the owners were so laid back, we brought in our own food and the mimosas were perfect (for all but Jen and her 5 pregnant friends of course). We did a monkey/jungle theme to match the decoration of Baby Wilgus' nursery. Jen's friends planned some fun games and Jen opened tons of great gifts. I never knew you needed so much STUFF! Jen is due at the end up April....I'm looking forward to meeting the little guy.
And finally I have to include a few pics of my favorite adorable niece:
Matt getting some last minute practice:
And Dad/Grandpa entertaining Miss Amelia:

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment??