Well folks, we have a runner. Franklin goes crazy any time he goes outside (to poo, play, hangout with us by the grill and eat pecans off the ground, etc). But he really goes crazy when you say "wanna go on a walk?" He knows exactly where his leash is, and can't even wait for you to tie your shoes!
Lately, as I'm starting to recover from my bum knee, I've been taking Franklin on short runs with me. He pulls so much when we're walking, I thought, why not. And he loves it! He can run a good 9:00 mile -- for one mile. We'll have to keep training, cause some friends in the tri club are doing a race this weekend....a 2 mile dog race! Franklin is going to win the small dog category next year!
Mom and Dad are coming to visit tomorrow....Dad's doing the Atlanta marathon. Franklin (and I) may not be able to keep up....but there's always next year.
[it's tough to get an action shot of the running, so here's a pic of his cool down...he found a wine cork]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment??